At their annual reorganizational meeting on January 11, the Goochland County School
Board elected Mr. C. Michael Newman as Chair and Ms. Sandra Barefoot-Reid as Vice Chair.
Newman represents District 4 and has served on the School Board since January 2020. Barefoot-Reid represents District 1 and has served on the School Board since 2019.
In addition to naming new leadership, the Board also named members to committees and other board responsibilities.
- District 1, Sandra Barefoot-Reid: School Health Advisory Board, CTE Advisory Committee, Special Education Advisory Committee
- District 2, Angela S. Allen: Facilities and Safety Advisory Committee, Gifted Advisory Committee, STEM Advisory Committee
- District 3, Karen R. Horn: Blue Ridge Virtual Governor's School, Advisory Committee for Equity in Education
- District 4, C. Michael Newman: Maggie L. Walker Governor's School Alternate, Facilities and Safety Committee, Goochland Education Foundation
- District 5, John D. Wright: Maggie L. Walker Governor's School
The Board also approved a meeting calendar for 2022 and reaffirmed their intent to follow the Goochland County School Board Code of Ethics. Both the 2022 meeting calendar and the Code of Ethics are available to the public on the January 11 Agenda on the GCPS website: https://shorturl.at/pqvPZ