Unfortunately, we have had to close schools for the remainder of the year; however, the State Department of Education has given us guidelines as to how to move forward with instruction; this information will be coming out on Monday from Dr. Geyer, Assistant Superintendent of Instruction.
Here are a few important pieces of information to answer some questions our families may have:
- Families/students will be hearing from teachers beginning on April 13 regarding instructional materials moving forward.
- Please take time to relax and enjoy the upcoming Spring Break! Stay healthy and safe!
- Our talented and dedicated food service team will continue to serve meals to our students through Spring Break and until further notice. Meals are served at the secondary complex, Byrd Elementary, Randolph Elementary and through our Sunshine Food Bus. Remember that these meals (breakfast AND lunch) are FREE to ALL students. Students can receive these meals at ANY location.
- Money that has already been paid for field trips will be refunded in the coming weeks.
- Class pictures will be mailed home to those that ordered them and Spring pictures have been cancelled.
- Yearbook sales have been extended to March 30. Once they arrive, yearbooks will either be mailed home or a pick up time will be arranged at a later date.
- Families can contact Ms. Pound if you need additional resources or help supporting your child’s learning at home. Email email@example.com or text or call 804-221-2288.
Additional Enrichment Ideas
- Do you love the Pigeon books? LUNCH DOODLES with Mo Willems!
- Be Creative! While home, save your recyclable items (cardboard tubes, cardboard boxes from food, plastic containers, etc) to create items from STEAM Learning Menus
- Art at Home
- Tired of being stuck at home? Go on a virtual field trip!
- Author, Kate Messner (Ranger in Time book series), has put together a collection of read alouds with writing challenges (Grades 2-5)
- Get outside! Complete an Outdoor Science Scavenger Hunt