See our full update here
- Third, Fourth and Fifth grade students will begin SOL Testing this week, in person and virtual. (see schedule attached) Testing will begin right away each day since we have a shortened day. Families can help their student by making sure they arrive on time, are rested and ready to test. Students will be given the opportunity to pick up breakfast and eat. If your student needs more time to test, we will call home to see if transportation will be available. 2021 SOL Testing Schedule
- While it will look very different, Byrd Camp is coming back to BES this year. In order to make this a success we need your input and help for planning! Byrd camp will happen this year from the comfort of your own home. We will have pick up nights in the summer where your family will come pick up materials to have a fun week of learning together at home. Each week’s bag will include a book, craft, and math and literacy activities as well as ideas for parents to stay engaged with their child’s learning. Please visit the survey here to let us know if you plan to attend and pick up your free Byrd Camp in a bag!
- Our May newsletter went home with in-person students this week. Virtual families, you can access any newsletters from the entire year by clicking this link.
- Arrival Time: Families are arriving later and later to drop off car riders in the morning. This is a friendly reminder that all students are expected to arrive to BES by 8am. For car riders arriving after 8am you will need to walk your child(ren) to the front office and sign them in. Students arriving after 8 will be marked tardy.
- Mrs. Parrish is busy preparing for the 2021-2022 school year. For one of her upcoming library projects she needs your help! Please consider saving and donating your cereal boxes to Mrs. Parrish and the library!