Our full update can be found here https://www.smore.com/vena0 with a brand new Byrd Bedtime Sunday tuck in read by Ms. Lynch. There are several really important reminders this week so please listen or read carefully.
First, sometime this week, BES will conduct an “Intruder Drill”. We hold these drills several times a year to help students and staff know what to do in the case of an unauthorized person or other danger near or on school grounds that may threaten the individuals within the school. If you have any questions about this drill, please feel free to reach out to Mr. Hopkins or Mr. Meiller.
- 5th grade parents-Please mark your calendars for the GMS Virtual Curriculum Fair (2/2/21 5-7 pm) for all rising 6th grade students and families. See invitation here.
- Did you know that Goochland’s Department of Social Services has funds available to assist families with hardships that are related to COVID? These funds can be used to cover mortgages, rent, and electricity bills. If you think your family qualifies for this assistance, please review the attached application and return it to Goochland’s Department of Social Services If you have questions, please call 804-556-5880. See more here
- Curbside Meal Pick up will be changing to once a week with pickup taking place on Monday’s only, there will be no Thursday pickup. Families will receive a week’s worth of food when they come on Monday’s.
- Our local Community Action grant has funds to assist income eligible parents with the cost of after care. Goochland Parks and Recreation department has an after school care program that qualifies as well as any licensed child care provider.” Click here for income guidelines and application form.
- Preschool Applications: Goochland County Public Schools is now accepting applications for preschool for the 2021-2022 school year! GCPS offers preschool classes to children who are 4 years old at Randolph Elementary & Goochland Elementary, and for children who are 3 and 4 years old at Byrd Elementary. Our preschool programs are free to eligible families and transportation is provided. Applications are available online and at all three elementary schools. For more information, please call our Department of Exceptional Education at 804-556-5615.
- You can now order your 2020-2021 Yearbook! In-person order forms were sent home. You can order online at www.ybpay.lifetouch.com and enter yearbook ID code: 10310621. Additional paper order forms will be held in the front office. The deadline to order a 2020-21 school yearbook is March 29, 2021. If you have any questions email Ms. Hendricks, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you ordered a yearbook last year (19-20) and have not received it, contact the school to arrange pickup
- Do you have a student planning to take the SAT at GHS on March 13? Sign up here for a SAT PREP COURSE offered by GCPS in partnership with @urichmond. Scholarships are also available to those in need.
- February 17th -The Gifted Advisory Committee is hosting a virtual panel on Understanding the Social and Emotional Needs of Gifted and High Ability Students. More info can be found here