HELLO, Byrd EAGLES! See our full update here
- The Goochland Christmas Mother has asked us to donate canned goods and pork and beans this year. If you are able to send in a donation it is greatly appreciated. Virtual students can bring their donations to the front door and we will gladly make sure they are added to our BES donation!
- All children (virtual and in person) will be able to have breakfast and lunch for free through June, 2021!
- In addition to our BES meal pick-up on Mondays and Thursdays at noon, GCPS offers curbside meal pick-up every Wednesday evening from 4-6 pm at the secondary complex, in front of GHS. They hand out 7 days of breakfast meals and 7 days of lunch meals.
- Charge iPads each night and bring to school each day.
- Continue to wash masks after each wear
- Flu Shot Clinic: Haven’t gotten your flu shot yet? It’s not too late! The Chickahominy Health District, in partnership with Goochland County, will be holding a Free COVID-19 Testing event and Seasonal Flu Vaccine clinic on Wednesday, November 11th from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Hadensville Fire-Rescue Station 6 located at 4810 Three Chopt Rd., Louisa, VA 23093. The testing event and flu shot clinic are open and free to anyone, individuals do not need to meet specific criteria to participate and no insurance is required.
BYRD HOLIDAY SHOP-SIGN UPS ARE DUE WEDNESDAY!
The Byrd Holiday Shop is back. One adult per family is invited to come and “shop” for the upcoming Holiday Season. We’ll have school supplies, home goods, baby items, and toys. Everything is FREE! Flyers for in person students went home this week. You can also access the flyer, here. If you didn’t receive the flyer or aren’t able to print the form please reach out to the BES front office or reach out to Mrs. Pound, BES Family Engagement Coach (804-221-2288) to set up a time to visit the shop. For our Virtual Eagles- please email Mrs. Pound email@example.com or call the number above to set up a time to come shop. All forms and sign ups are due by Wednesday, November 11.
NOVEMBER IS FAMILY ENGAGEMENT IN EDUCATION MONTH!
This week we kicked off our Family Engagement in Education month with a seminar on supporting your math student. This week we will have 2 opportunities for families. On Wednesday we will talk about helping your child transition back to the classroom and on Thursday we will talk about Schoology for parents. All seminars will be recorded and shared with everyone to watch at a time convenient for you if you are unable to attend the live sessions. All seminars will be housed on our BES webpage under Family Support Resources
In this flyer, you can click the Google Meet Link in each seminar to go directly to the Google Meet.
BYRD BEDTIME STORIES
We have a new tradition to introduce this week: Byrd Bedtime Stories. In this section of our newsletter, we will be joined by mystery guest readers to share a Byrd Bedtime Story with our students and their families.. This week we will have our very first story called “Llama Llama Loves to Read” read by Mrs. Whitfield, one of our GCPS Prek-12 Coaches.