Unfortunately, we have had to close schools for the remainder of the year; however, the State Department of Education has given us guidelines as to how to move forward with instruction; view the letter from Dr. Raley and Dr. Geyer.
Archives for March 2020
We want all Byrd Eagles to stay healthy!
- Stay home when sick.
- Get a flu vaccine (it is not too late).
- Practice good hand hygiene and cough etiquette.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue & put the tissue in a wastebasket and then wash your hands (if you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve).
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
As a reminder, your child should stay home if he or she has a fever, diarrhea, or is vomiting. Children should also stay home until they are free from these symptoms for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications. Please call the school office, (804) 556-5380 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to report a student absence from school.
Please take a minute to read Dr. Raley’s letter about Coronavirus (COVID-19).