Hello Byrd Community,
We love celebrating one of our favorite authors every year around March 2nd! March 2nd is Dr. Seuss’s birthday, and it is recognized around the nation as “Read Across America Day”. We will celebrate for one full week with dress up days and a variety of activities and treats. Check out the attached form that was sent home with students to keep track of our dress up days. Also, make sure you see this post to sign up as a guest reader on Thursday, March 2nd.
Keep up with our fun by checking our school website and by following us on Twitter!
Here is a summary of dress up days and events!
Dress up days
- Monday – Hat Day (book: 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins)
- Tuesday – Save the Planet and Go Green Day (book: The Lorax)
- Wednesday – Mismatched Clothes Day (book: Wacky Wednesday)
- Thursday – Birthday Celebration Day (book: Happy Birthday to You)
- Friday – Dress for Success Day (book: Oh the Places You’ll Go)
- EVERYDAY –
- Trivia (from designated book associated with dress up theme)
- Recycling challenge – water bottles and newspapers collected throughout the week
- Monday –
- Teachers outside to greet kids (Teachers to dress up as Seuss characters)
- Morning assembly with book reading @ 9
- Tuesday – Book Swap Day in the library
- Wednesday – Word problem challenges placed around the school
- Thursday – Mystery Readers in the library and treats at lunch
- Friday -AR Challenge Day
- Reading parties in the library
- Grade level challenge to see who can earn the most points in one day